Advanced Motorcycle Courses
From people who have never ridden to those of you who have enjoyed motorcycles for years – we will have an advanced motorcycle training course for you. Even for those who want to Ride Like A Pro. HB`s Advanced Rider Training Academy offers a variety of customized on-road training courses, using real-time skills coaching. All our courses offer not only the opportunity to ride on some of South Africa’s best riding roads with attractions only offered here, but advanced visual techniques for safer riding.
We teach our own OPS™ proprietary developed Riding System
You will learn about:
- Motorcycle Controls
- Protective clothing
- Slow stop / start
- Throttle control
- Target fixation
- Visual techniques including eye line / forward vision / peripheral vision
- Bends and Cornering
- Obstacle negotiation
- Managing Survival reactions
- Turn points
- Corner Setup
All courses involve extensive practical training to be executed until the rider can do it smoothly and with confidence every time.
The courses are NOT DEMO only courses.
You will need:
- Certified Protective Gear (Helmet, gloves, protective clothing) Open helmets (piss-pot) not allowed
- Your own motorbike except for novice (we can rent you a lending bike, if needed)
- Valid Learners or Full Motorcycle License (except for novice) Courses 2 – 8 a license for the class of bike that you`ll be riding
- Full tank of fuel
Preferably you`ll have comprehensive insurance on your motorcycle as well as medical aid. Signing an Indemnity form is compulsory before anyone will be allowed to attend any course.
FREE Advice to trainees and parents of scholars.
We provide FREE Advice on the correct riding gear as well as the correct motorcycle for YOU!!!!
Our Beginners Courses
- The Novice Course: 5 hours minimum. An introduction to the exciting world of safe motorcycling. Learn the correct way and ride with confidence right from the start. This course in conducted in an all safe traffic free environment. Usually 1-on-1 with a maximum of 5 riders per course. This course may be divided in to 5 x 1 hours sessions if so desired. In the event of the trainee deciding to take a 5 hour continuous course some refreshments will be provided. Pre-requisite is that you must ride a bicycle smoothly and with confidence. After completing this course and riding for a few weeks we will help you prepare for the K53 Motorcycle Rider Test
- The Scooter Course: 3 Hours minimum. An introduction to the exciting world of safe Scooter Motorcycling. Learn the correct way and ride with confidence right from the start. This course in conducted in an all safe traffic free environment. Usually 1-on-1 with a maximum of 5 riders per course. This course may be divided in to 3 x 1 hours sessions if so desired. In the event of the trainee deciding to take a 3 hour continuous course some refreshments will be provided. Pre-requisite is that you must ride a bicycle smoothly and with confidence. You must provide your own helmet. After completing this course and riding for a few weeks we will help you prepare for the K53 Motorcycle Rider Test
Our Advanced Courses – Advanced Skill Levels 1 – 4
1. The Critical Handling Skills Test: Skill Level 1. (30min – 1 hour).
Think you have what it takes to RIDE LIKE A PRO? Take the skills test to prove that you can handle your motorcycle in any situation. Critical speed handling skills, evasive maneuvers, braking proficiency. 1 hour. This TEST in conducted in an all safe traffic free environment. Road simulation is included on a safe strip of unused tarred road. It is a tough test. Preferably single rider but 3 maximum allowed. Own motorcycle needed. Full ATGATT with jeans allowed. Boots must offer ankle protection. Other ATGATT non-negotiable. Sneakers or tackies not allowed. Some refreshments may provided.
2. The Critical Handling Skills Course: Level 1. (2½ – 3½ hours).
Take Control of your motorcycle by attending this motorcycle course. Learn to Ride Like a Pro. You will learn the practical handling skills that Police Riders across the world master to know how to handle their big motorcycles anywhere. Graduate up from a U-Turn “duck” to a U-Turn professional. The practical course is not a standard one-for-all as it will be set up to the specific characteristics of YOUR motorcycle. Initial training on smaller Academy motorcycle for confidence building and then on own motorcycle if needed. This is 98% practical with weaving, off-set weaving, circular riding, figure 8 and double figure 8. This course is very demanding physically and mentally. The course in conducted in an all safe traffic free environment. Maximum of 5 riders per course. Academy and own motorcycle Full ATGATT with jeans allowed. Boots must offer ankle protection. Other ATGATT (Helmet, Gloves, Jacket) non-negotiable. Some refreshments included in the course fee.
3. Advanced Critical Handling: Skill Level 3. (4 – 5 hours).
Ride like the Pro Demonstration Riders. The Advanced Critical Handling Skill Course builds on the skills acquired in the Critical Handling Skills Course and is applied to mastering at least 3 – 5 International Competition Level Slow Riding Layouts. If you thought that the Critical Handling Skills Course was tough, try this one. 4 – 5 hours. After this you`ll be able to do Critical Handling Skills Demonstrations.
4. The Rusty-Rider Refresher Course: Skill Level 1. (4 – 5 hours).
Divided into theory and practical sessions. It’s been a while, but you want to come back to the world of riding with confidence. The course will include elements from both the novice course and the Critical Handling Skills courses. Minimum of 5 with Maximum of 10 riders per course. Own motorcycle. Full ATGATT with jeans allowed. Other Non-ATGATT non-negotiable. Boots must offer ankle protection. Some refreshments included in the course fee.
5. The Proficiency Street & Road Course: Skill Level 2. (6 – 8 hours).
Focuses on complex skills and self-assessment. Acquire a through understanding of basic motorcycle technicalities, risks, hazards and gain advanced riding strategies. Similar to Rusty-Rider with Critical Handling Skills refresher, Cornering and Braking. Maximum of 5 riders per course to insure personal attention to each participant. Own motorcycle. Full ATGATT with jeans allowed. Other Non-ATGATT non-negotiable. Boots must offer ankle protection. Some refreshments included in the course fee.
6. The Special On-Road Bends, Cornering & Braking Course: Skill Level Intermediate between Levels 2 – 3. (3 – 4 hours)
NEW!!! This is a specialised course that cover bends, cornering and braking on the road and street in detail. You will learn how to negotiate bends on public roads and on-track without the need of a race track. A technically intense theory and tough practical course. FULL ATGATT needed. Prerequisite is at least the Critical Handling Skills Course with a 1 – 2 month lag for practicing your Critical Handling Skills and Motorcycle Control in order to become sufficiently confident with your bike. ONLY once you can properly control your motorcycle can you expect to become a master at cornering. Are you a track day fan? This course WILL make you faster!!!!
7. The Advanced Pro Street & Road Rider Training Course: Skill Level 3. (1½ – 2 days).
½ – 1 Day Theory with 1½ – 2 days riding alternating with evaluation and correction. Skills from all other courses to be included (practical testing before theory) as well as on-road riding including open road (bends), night riding and in-traffic (peak and off-peak traffic included). On-bike training with commentary by instructor is a large and important part of this course. Maximum of 5 riders per theoretical component of the course. One-on-One with maximum of One-on-Two Riding with bike-to-bike communication and POV cameras to record your riding for later evaluation. Own motorcycle. Full ATGATT. Other Non-ATGATT non-negotiable.3 years of riding experience. Full attendance of all instruction is compulsory. Pre-requisite of Critical Skills or Proficiency Street & Road Course compulsory. Some refreshments included in the course fee. This course will only be available to those riders that have completed at least TWO Courses of Advanced level 1 & 2 and will only be conducted on special dates and times that must be during weekdays.
7. The Advanced Rider Instructor Course: Skill Level 4. (5 Full Days).
Join your passion with an income generating job. Learn to teach other riders the joy of confident and safe motorcycle riding. This will include theoretical as well as practical teaching, role-playing and on-bike instruction. ONLY FULL ATGATT Allowed. Pre-requisites are, Valid First Aid Level 1 Certificate, Advanced Rider Training Course, 5 Years of riding experience. At least 5 courses will have to be conducted under the auspices of HB`s Advanced Rider Training Academy before the final certificate will be issued. Full attendance of all instruction is compulsory. A critical component is your ability to efficiently transfer your skills and knowledge to others. Some refreshments included in the course fee.
8. First-On-Scene® Course: ± 3 Hours
A half day Course consisting of a Presentation indoors with Practical Component which is also indoors. What do you do if your buddy crashes or you are the first person to arrive at an accident scene? Do you know what the most important aspect is? Do you know what to do and what not to do to try and save lives? Attend this Unique Course and you will know what to do. You will receive a certificate of attendance, 1-O-S® badge and a Basic 1st Aid Kit. This course is unique to HB`s Advanced Rider Training Academy and is a combination of Crash Scene Management and Basic First Aid. Some refreshments included in the course fee.
9. Corporate Fleet Rider Training and Evaluation
Do you have a fleet of motorcycles and have too many crashes costing the company thousands of Rands in medical and lost productivity costs?
A full day course for your fleet of riders. The course is compiled from key elements from our other courses. It consists of a 2 – 3 hours indoors presentation about Hazard Awareness followed by up to 5 hours of practical skills building.
Need to appoint a new motorcycle rider but not sure about the rider`s competence. We will evaluate the rider`s skills and provide a report.
10. NEW – DUCATI Training
Take any Advanced Level 1 to 3 Course on a Ducati.
Motorcycles available are Ducati Hypermotard 796 and Scrambler Ducati Urban Enduro.
The course fees for Advanced Level 1 – Critical Motorcycle Skills Handling is R1900,
Advanced Level 2 – Proficiency Rider Course is R2500,
Advanced level 3 – Pro Rider – Street & Road is R3500
All and all, anyone with any size and brand of motorcycle is welcome, so get ready to become the rider you can be.